Monday 21 November 2011

Review: Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1) by Josephine Angelini



Destiny brought them together.
The gods will keep them apart.

When sky, awkward Helen Hamilton meets 
Lucas Delos for the first time, she thinks two things:
the first, that she most ridiculous ly beautiful boy she has seen in her life;
the second, that she wants to kill him with her bare hands.

An ancient curse means Lucas and Helen are destined to lathe one another.
But sometimes love is stronger than hate, and not even the gods themselves can prevent what will happen next
. . .


Oh, my god! Oh, my god! OH! MY! GOD! AMAZING!
I love this book. I think it's because of the Greek myths and of the Greek theme. I LOVE GREEK MYTHS! I think that's why it was more intriguing for me but i would think that everybody else will love this as well.

Anyway, lets not get carried away Ahem, ahem.

Helen is an ordinary girl from the outside but she knows she's not normal. She can carry heavy wight and run for miles without stopping. When she hears about the new family that is going to live in the grand house near the sea she thinks that they are just a typical family. But, again they are not. When Helen see Lucas Delos, one of the member of the family she thinks about two things: first that he is ridiculously gorgeous and secondly, she wants to kill him with her bare hands. Helen doesn't know whats going on with her anymore. She can't control herself whenever she sees one of the Delos family and she keeps on seeing ghosts. But when Helen finds out about herself, the Delos family and everything else, life is  not normal anymore.


Wow, i love Helen character. I would do anything to be her. She gets a big hottie for her boyfriend, wait, not even that A HALF GOD! I love Creon's character. I also love Helen's friend, Claire. I wish i had a friend like Claire because even though she knew Helen was not normal she just ignored it and carried on to be Helen's friend.  And i love how Helen's mum comes back and then the story takes another turn.

The thing i didn't like is how it ended. I thought it should have ended in a better way. For example, it could have stopped when Helen gets kidnapped by her mum and then in the next book it could have continued with that. I think i will by the next book in this series.

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...