Monday 26 March 2012

Cover Talk (2): Blood Red Road

Cover Talk is where i talk about covers (obviously!). If you want to take part that would be awesome! Please contact me if you want to.

 This week my cover talk is about Blood Red Road by Moira Young!

1. UK or US OR Canadian cover?!

UK version
US version


















Canadian version
Blood Red Road (Dustlands #1)
By Moira Young
Pages: 459
Publisher: Scholastic
Published: June 7th 2011 

Summary:

I ain't afeared of nuthin

When saba's brother is stolen red rage fills her soul.
She races across the cruel dustlands to find him.
Saba can trust no one. Even the boy who saves her life.
She must silence her heart to survive.
Blood will spill.

The dustlands beyond remote Silverlake are ruined and lawless. Saba, born and raised there, has hardly seen a traveller pass. Until the day black-robbed riders arrive in search of her brother. They have been waiting to take him all his life.
Lugh is gone, and with him half of Saba's soul. She must find her twin, and nothing but death itself will stop her. On her dangerous journey, accompanied by a clever crow, Saba needs courage and spirit as strong and sharp as her crossbow to survive. Along the road come enemies and allies-and a mysterious young man with eyes the colour of moonlight ...

My opinion:

This time i wouldn't mind if any of these covers came into my hands. However, i do prefer the UK version.

2. Why i prefer the UK version:
  • It's plain, but, at the same time, it stands out. 
  • It gives you  a hint about the plot just by reading the title and the cover.
  • I love it's layout and the design.
  • I love the crow!


So, what do you guys think? Do you agree with me? Or not? Feel free to comment!

    1 comment:

    1. I personally prefer the new UK. With the girl on the red cover. but out of these, I think the US one.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...