Wednesday 5 September 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (28)


WAITING ON WEDNESDAY is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill
Pages: 432
Publisher: Little, Brown Books For Young Readers
Pub date: October 19th 2012

Synopsis:

The end of their world begins with a story.
This one.


In most fairy tales, princesses are beautiful, dragons are terrifying, and stories are harmless.This isn't most fairy tales.

Princess Violet is plain, reckless, and quite possibly too clever for her own good. Particularly when it comes to telling stories. One day she and her best friend, Demetrius, stumble upon a hidden room and find a peculiar book. A forbidden book. It tells a story of an evil being -- called the Nybbas -- imprisoned in their world. The story cannot be true -- not really. But then the whispers start. Violet and Demetrius, along with an ancient, scarred dragon, may hold the key to the Nybbas's triumph . . . or its demise. It all depends on how they tell the story. After all, stories make their own rules.


Iron Hearted Violet is a story of a princess unlike any other. It is a story of the last dragon in existence, deathly afraid of its own reflection. Above all, it is a story about the power of stories, our belief in them, and how one enchanted tale changed the course of an entire kingdom.


Why I'm waiting:

First, the cover! If i could stare at the cover all day i would! Second, dragons? Hell yeah! They are like my favorite creature in the fantasy world. And lastly, a princess that isn't a damsel in distress with a "forbidden book"? All of these combined sounds like an awesome book! 

What are you waiting on?

12 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this, plus that cover is pretty cool. I like that it's not your standard fairy tale. Fab pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pick! The cover is so pretty and I'm obsessed with stories like this. Definitely one of my most wanted books :)

    Take a look at my WoW.

    New GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that cover! It's so inviting. I love how cartoony it feels. Perfect for the target audience... wherein I am not technically included in but I am a child at heart! Reading children's books from time to time is refreshing as well as enlightening. Adding this to my tbr pile :D

    Thanks for sharing, Sangita :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have cover lust! I bet it'll be absolutely gorgeous when you get it in your hands, it looks like the kind of book you have to have in hardcover, no Kindle version.

    I haven't heard of this one before, it sounds terrific. I love all of these fairy tales with twists that have come out this summer and into fall and who can resist a dragon? :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Awesome covers like this has to be in Hardcover!

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of that book.

    My WOW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cover!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a cute fairytale with a princess and forbidden book! Awesome! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of this one before...but it sounds interesting. Although, that cover is pretty intense! LOL ;p Great pick! :D

    My WoW post! 

    New Follower! :)

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this one around a couple times now and it really looks awesome!! I'm definitely going to have to pick up a copy :) Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  10. new follower :) Nice pick, never heard of it, hope you like it.
    WOW and WWW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow! I've never heard of this one before, but I agree: it sounds great! The cover's gorgeous, too.

    Love your new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...